Just click the link under the picture for the song.
*****If You Are Looking For Something In Particular, Use The Search Bar At The Bottom Of The Page*****

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ultimate Ahmad Jamal. . . One Of The Best Ever

Before I begin, I just wanna give a quick shout out to one of my favorite websites on the net, The Brilliance - www.thebrilliance.com. My boy Benjamin over there replied to one of my emails telling me how much he loves Ahmad Jamal. Well, this one's for you, homey!

I really don't wanna talk too much about Ahmad Jamal b/c I REALLY want you guys to listen to some of his music. If you want to know how good he is, let me just put in perspective: Jamal was a key influence on Miles Davis' "First Great Quintet", which featured Coltrane on the sax, and Davis asked his own pianist Wynton Kelly to sound more like Jamal on "Freddie Freeloader" from Kind Of Blue. Step your piano games up, people!


Ahmad Jamal - I Love Music



Nas - The World Is Yours
__________________________________________


Ahmad Jamal - Pastures


Jay-Z - Feelin It
__________________________________________




Ahmad Jamal - Ghetto Child



Common - They Say
________________________________________

Let that "Pastures" play for about 1:20 so you can hear the sampled part. . .

0 comments: